Thursday, June 03, 2004

What Goes On In My Room While I'm Asleep?

What goes on in my room while I'm asleep?
What scheming devils lurk in the dusty corners,
While I lay trembling beneath the covers?
Terrible monsters that live in the shadows,
Or creepy fiends, straight from the gallows?
What, pray tell,
What goes on in my room while I'm asleep?

What will I find in my room when I awake?
A snapping alligator beneath my bed?
Or shrieking bats right over my head?
From my open window, maybe I'd see
A ravenous vampire just eyeing to eat me?
What, oh what,
What will I find in my room when I awake?

What manner of beasts shall I see
In my closet (sniggering at me)?
Do ghosts and ghouls and demons galore
Await for me behind my door?
Should I pretend and feign ignorance?
Could these monsters see
Beneath my fake countenance?

On the other hand,
Maybe it's better if I don't know
What goes on in my room while I’m asleep...

No comments: