Thursday, June 03, 2004

Hope

Lost I was in desolate hills with dark, brooding clouds
Overhead casting hostile shadows across once-familiar ground.
Grief and despair were my company as like shrouds,
they clung to me unrelenting, sending my senses whirling around.

Alone I was as I stumbled through the creeping undergrowth
And cruel branches scratched my exposed limbs, unforgiving.
Whichever way I turn, I was ill-met… oh how loathe
The glaring darkness, the looming quiet in my ears ascreaming.

And on my knees, I cried for the opportunities that passed me by.
I cried for Sleep to carry me in His arms and take me to Eternal Peace.
And with tear-stained face upturned to the overcast sky,
I cried for the one merciful enough to grant my tribulations a surcease.

But before my soul could surrender to Grief and Despair, the heavens
parted and a single, prism of undiluted light was shining,
illuminating a lone figure who stood before me in majestic silence.
And she, with ineffable calm and steadfast voice, was speaking
"I am the one you are seeking,"
"I am Hope."

No comments: