Thursday, June 03, 2004

Sheer Perfection

You didn't come to me reluctant or protesting
But for a moment I was sure;
That you arrived from that world where I go adreaming.
For you're simply more than innocence personified
Should I begin to trust you? -- I can't decide.

How deep is this abyss into which I'm falling?
And for a moment I was sure;
That this endless drop is all my own undoing
Yet I don't want it any other way,
I surrender to the pulling gravity -- come what may!

For you're like an oasis in a desert that turn to sand --
A vision though unreal but I must follow.
And I'll rejoice in your brief but fiery touch that marks me like a brand
And sets my heart aflame,
So how can I stay the same?
It's your sheer perfection that's to blame.

You may be the object of my own creative imagining,
But if you're real then this I'm sure;
That in my life, anything this good is never everlasting.
You may even say you want me now but I know,
That words are merely words; they come and go.

For you're like far-off mountains that turn to clouds --
A vision here today but gone tomorrow.
All my loneliness, hopelessness and grief that cling to me like shrouds,
Disappear as I decide --
I shall never be denied,
Your sheer perfection by my side.

No comments: