Sunday, March 13, 2005

I have heard all...

I have heard all there is for you to say
Why must you reiterate yourself this way?
No accusation, I have not yet heard ----
Your droning voice is just another provocation.

I have no words of my own save these
Which I write in riddles and fragmented sentences.
Don't rattle off the "sacrifices" you've made
In the name of that "L" word you always mention.

Do not talk to me of the emptiness that fills
The very marrow of your existence ----
Do not list me all the mitigating circumstances
And then beseech me for forgiveness.

I grow weary of your conversations;
The relentless questionings and allegations ----
Could I shut them out as I shut the door?
And never have to pay heed to them anymore?

Do not ask me what is wrong with me ----
My mental soundness is a constant subject for self-dialysis.
Perhaps you could offer some sort of prescription
After you're done with all your exhortations?

But no, do not think of me at all ----
It'll only be a waste of your precious time.
Do not consider me on your schedule
For I've long ago struck you off mine!


---- circa 22 Jan 2004

No comments: